FLUCONAZOLE 400MG DESCRIPTION
ZOCON 400MG contains Fluconazole which belongs to the group of medicines called Anti-fungal agents. It is used to treat various fungal infections such as systemic candidiasis (fungal infection affecting the blood, brain, heart, eyes or other parts of the body), mucosal candidiasis (fungal infection affecting the mouth, throat or denture sore mouth), cryptococcosis (fungal infection mainly affecting the lungs and brain), vaginal candidiasis (fungal infection of the vagina and tissues at the opening of the vagina (vulva)).
Also, it prevents fungal infections in immunocompromised patients considered at risk due to HIV infection or low white blood cell count after cytotoxic chemotherapy, radiotherapy or bone marrow transplant.
Before taking ZOCON 400MG, inform your doctor if you have liver, kidney or heart problems, abnormal levels of potassium, calcium or magnesium in your blood, are prone to develop severe skin reactions and have a history of adrenal insufficiency.
ZOCON 400MG is not recommended for use in pregnant and breastfeeding women unless clearly advised by the doctor. DUFLICAN 400MG should be used with caution in children and adolescents (from birth to 17 years of age). It should be used with caution in elderly patients particularly with renal impairment.
The most common side effects of taking ZOCON 400MG are headache, nausea, vomiting diarrhoea, abdominal pain and indigestion. Consult your doctor if any of the side effects get worse.
USES OF ZOCON 400MG
- Treats various fungal infections (such as systemic candidiasis, mucosal candidiasis, cryptococcosis and vaginal candidiasis)
- Prevents fungal infection in immunocompromised patients
HOW ZOCON 400MG WORKS
ZOCON 400MG works by stopping the action of an enzyme called ergosterol, which is an integral part of the fungal cell membrane to increase its cellular permeability. Thereby, making the cell membrane more permeable and stopping the fungal growth. This type of action is helpful in treating and preventing various fungal infections.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take ZOCON 400MG as advised by your physician. Swallow ZOCON 400MG with a glass of water and do not chew or crush the medicine. The correct dose and duration for you will be decided by the doctor depending upon your age, body weight and type of infection.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ZOCON 400MG
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Seizures, dizziness, altered nerve sensation and taste
- Skin rash with itching, abnormal odour from the skin and dry skin
- Abnormal changes in vision
- Constipation, flatulence and dry mouth
- Thirst, tiredness, body pain and fever
- Weakness, general feeling of discomfort, rigour
- Pharyngitis, herpes simplex viral infection
- Loss of appetite
- Back, muscle pain, muscle spasm
- Renal pain head spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Insomnia and nervousness
- Muscle overactivity (hypertonia)
- Increased urine output
- Abnormal or heavy vaginal bleeding, painful menses, vaginal discharge and disorder, uterine spasm, female sexual dysfunction
- Hot flushes, excess sleepiness
- Deafness, increased blood pressure, low oxygen levels, intolerance to oral intake, inflamed and sore mouth (in children)
- Allergic reactions
- Low white blood cells and platelet count
- Hair loss
- Damage to the liver causing liver failure, hepatitis and necrosis
- Skin reactions (like steven johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis)
- Change in heart rate or rhythm
Stop taking ZOCON 400MG and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Sudden wheezing, difficulty in breathing or tightness in the chest, swelling of eyelids, face or lips, itching all over the body, reddening of the skin or itchy red spots
- Skin rash that causes blistering in the mouth and tongue
- Signs of liver problems (tiredness, loss of appetite, vomiting and yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes)
- Signs of DRESS syndrome or drug hypersensitivity syndrome (widespread rash, high body temperature and enlarged lymph nodes)